(Marc Jacobs backstage at Marc Jacobs Fall/Winter 2009 show)
- Jacobs enrolled at Parsons School of Design. For his graduation project, he designed a collection of oversized hand-knit sweaters, which he sold to Charivari.
- In 1984, Jacobs was hired by the clothing manufacturer Reuben Thomas, Inc., for which he designed the Sketchbook label.
- In 1986, Marc Jacobs and Robert Duffy (an executive at Reuben Thomas Inc) established a partnership and Jacobs showed his first collection bearing the Marc Jacobs label.
- In 1987, he became the youngest designer ever to receive the CFDA's Perry Ellis Award for New Fashion Talent.
- In 1988 Jacobs was named vice president of women’s design at Perry Ellis, where he worked till 1993.
- In 1993, Marc Jacobs and Robert Duffy launched their own licensing and design company, and in April 1994, Jacobs showed his comeback collection.
- In 1997, he was named creative director of Louis Vuitton.
- In the spring of 2001, Jacobs introduced his secondary line, Marc by Marc Jacobs.
(Lais Ribeiro in Marc by Marc Jacobs Spring/Summer 2011 Ready-to-Wear)
Marc Jacobs is another one of those designers that does so much. He has three collections that he designs for, yet the great ideas keep coming. One thing I like about Marc is that he is not afraid to use colour we always see great colour pallets from his collections. He is a designer whose collections I'm always excited to see and who I always expect a lot from because I know he has the ability to produce great collections.
(Daiane Conterato in Marc Jacobs Spring/Summer 2009 Ready-to-Wear)
I honestly don’t know what my favourite Marc Jacobs collection is, there are so many to pick from. The one I decided to go with was the Louis Vuitton Fall 2012 Ready-to-Wear collection. My reason for picking this show was that I really enjoyed it. Its definitely not the best Marc Jacobs collection, but I loved the concept, the train was beautiful and I think it’s one of the better ideas for a show that I have seen. I also really loved the bags in this show I wanted every single one. This show made me so happy when I saw it, I hope you enjoy. Marc Jacobs I love you.